73% Polled People Plan To Wear Green This St. Patrickâ€™s Day
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, IMVU, an online social entertainment destination where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends, surveyed 2,500 of its community members to learn about their thoughts and plans this St. Patrick's Day. Here is what they discovered:
- 71% would rather have a wish granted by a leprechaun then go on a date with their favorite movie star.
- 41% are of Irish descent.
- 73% are planning on wearing green this St. Patrick's Day (52% are also planning on dressing their IMVU avatar in green).
- 56% are planning on consuming green drinks in celebration of St. Patrick's Day.
- 31% are participating in a St. Patrick's Day parade this year.
- 41% are planning on hosting or attending a St. Patrick's Day party in real life (30% are also planning on hosting or attending a holiday party on IMVU).
- 55% have been lucky enough to find a four-leafed clover.
IMVU's virtual goods catalog, the world's largest at more than six million items, includes a wide array of more than 89,000 St. Patrick's Day-themed virtual goods including shamrock-laden dresses, festive green top hats, leprechaun stickers and much more — http://bit.ly/gcWM3d.
Happy St. Patrick's Day this March 17th!