The Yofo Eero Smartgrip : Review
Most smartphone cases advertise as the ultimate protection against scuffs and damages when dropped, but the Yofo Eero SmartGrip is out to combat the problem of dropping it in the first place. This suction cup grip can be used for smartphones, tablets, and iPod Touches to increase both stability and ease of use. The packaging is reminiscent of such for Apple products and lets you know what market this is being geared toward. Advertised uses include: kickstand for watching video, attachement for boat or cars, better gaming and functions as a joystick, headphone wrap, hands-free shoulder cradle, and a way to eliminate the iPhone “death grip” (a problem, which many claim to have, in which the iPhone loses signal strength when people hold the silver band without the barrier of a case or bumper).
- Light and adds virtually no bulk
- The suction between the phone and the grip is very tight and secure
- Perfect for the use of navigational apps or talking on speaker phone while driving, as it can be stuck right on the dashboard
- Includes two YOFO stickers for added suction on devices with irregular or glass backs
- Can be slid off easily by slipping nail along the edge of the suction, but the suction itself is reliable
- To use with the iPad, you need two. It would be more useful to sell as a pair for such uses, as they are advertised.
- On heavily textured cases, the sticker does not work well, at all.
Use on paint walls requires using the sticker (something to consider, if you‘re using it to watch movies). It seems to work well, but its still nerve-wracking.
The Pros definitely outweigh the cons, in this case. On the whole, you’re getting what you’re buying: a suction cup for your phone. Even if it sounds a bit bizarre, it offers a grip that’s less slippery than the iPhone (without case), an easier way to watch movies, and it’s ideal for use when driving or boating.
Current Special Introductory Price: $ 19.95
Normal Price: $ 26