Incipio’s Le Deux and The Specialist iPhone 4/4S Cases: Product Review
Incipio’s two new iPhone 4/4s case designs, Le Deux and The Specialist, offer very different advantages and will appeal to very different people. There’s always a give in take when it comes to cell phone cases and it almost always comes down to sleekness and style versus protection (at least in my case). Additionally, each comes with a “Vanity Kit,” including surface protector, applicator card, and cleaning cloth. The phone cases are both well-designed and serve their intended purpose, so I’m going to compare the two cases, rather than the normal pros and cons list for each.
- Sleek, slim, and shiny. It adds little bulk to the streamlined design of the iPhone
- It comes in a few visually appealing metallic shades or black with a pink buffer.
- All of the buttons and ports are easily accessible.
- The two-piece design fits together well and the metal back piece has an interior buffer to keep the case from scratching the phone.
- It is not particularly easy to remove from the phone, although not difficult or worrisome when trying.
- Bulkier than the Le Deux (but not bulky per se), it offers far more drop protection.
- The colors are bright and attractive, but they do not have options geared toward more "feminine" colors like pinks or the like. The design just looks fun whether its in all black or kelly green and grey.
- The buttons all work well underneath the casing and the ports are all still easily accessible.
- The semi-rigid, polycarbonate case is very easy to get on the phone and fits snugly, but incredibly difficult to get off.
At the end of the day...
It's going to come down to the potential buyers personal needs and own aesthetic tastes. Le Deux will be perfect for those looking for a thin, stylish case to protect their phone from scratches, while others will appreciate the bold, colorful design and added protection of The Specialist.
Le Deux Price: $29.99
The Specialist Price: $34.99